Wednesday, March 5, 2008

McBush Campaign Kicks Off



Yeah! Four more years...

I really like this new ad from AmericansUnited. A great way to handle Grandpa Munster. By the way, did you see the presser this afternoon? Stunning. Bush was really at his bumptious finest. “Let me start off by saying that in 2000 I said, vote for me, I’m an agent of change. In 2004, I said, I’m not interested in change — I want to continue as President. Every candidate has got to say “change.” That’s what the American people expect.” McCain could barely get a word in edgewise.

When asked where he he could best be employed to help the McCain campaign, after a bit of harebrained dissembling, Bush reminded reporters of his so-called day job: “I’m focusin’ on, ya know, protectin’ America. And succeeding in Iraq, and dealin’ with the North Korean. And dealin’ with the Iranian…”

At the end, when a heckler shouted a question about whether McCain would hold regular press conferences, Bush made a snippy remark about the rudeness of “some member of the fourth estate,” at which point the two turned tail and headed back indoors. Not an auspicious beginning.