Friday, April 11, 2008

For the Umpteenth Time…

Oscar Redux

Groan… Forever the same old song and dance gets trotted out:

“Red Tory, please, for the sake of clarity, remove Tory or any other symbol of Canada or Conservative from your name as you are nothing but a Canada hating, America bashing apologist. You would be best served in the mosque of a radical imam or the Communist party of Canada, which, it appears the Liberals have become.”

First of all, I’m anything but “Canada hating” — that’s an outrageous, blatantly absurd LIE plain and simple and if I was of a litigious nature I’d sue you over it. I have no idea what an “America bashing apologist” is because this is a meaningless slur. Given that I’m an avowed atheist, I doubt that I’d be “best served in the mosque of a radical imam” and if the truth be told, I wouldn’t even know where to find one. The same could be said for the Communist Party of Canada… apparently, they’re not listed in the phone book.

Look, as long as I have preeminent ranking on Google for the term “Red Tory” and in the absence of any truly compelling argument that I am in some respect unworthy of that estimable term, I’m keeping the name. In the meantime, allow me to draw your attention to what was said by many about one of my fondest personal heroes Oscar Wilde way back when…

“He thinks like a Tory, and talks like a Radical, and that’s so important nowadays.”


THIS is the very essence of my position on the matter. Now fuck off.