Another “October surprise” in the works?
From Israel Today:
A senior Israeli government source told Army Radio on Tuesday that US President George W. Bush intends to launch an attack against Iran before the end of his second term.
The Israeli learned of the planned attack from a senior US counterpart who was a member of Bush's entourage during the president's visit to Israel last week.
The official said that Bush and Vice President Dick Cheney are convinced that military action against Iran is necessary immediately, but that the move is being held up by “the hesitancy of Defense Secretary Robert Gates and Secretary of State Condoleezza Rice.”
Hizballah’s recent success in exerting control over Lebanon had reportedly led to the decision that an attack on Iran, Hizballah’s ally and sponsor, must take place this year.
Note: The above video is from September of last year.
Update: Unsurprisingly, the White House flatly denies the Army Radio report stating that the Administration prefers to resolve concerns about Iran’s push for a nuclear weapon “through peaceful diplomatic means.” Well that sounds entirely convincing, doesn’t it?
Update2: Here’s the video from CNN.
Tuesday, May 20, 2008
Posted by Red Tory at 9:22 AM