Sunday, February 24, 2008

Ahhhh... The Insatiable Need for Speed!



Well, I finally broke down and got a new high-speed modem today and upgraded to my cable company’s “Xtreme-I” service. Très cool, to be sure, and long overdue. But as liberating as this is, I can’t help but be inclined to think it’s also a bit of a gigantic rip-off. After all, I already had what they laughably call “high speed” service, which in fact was a completely fraudulent misnomer.

Unfortunately, the only available choice in our neck of the woods is between what’s effectively tantamount to a duopoly; that being Shaw Cable and Telus. I don’t know… would deregulation solve this problem and perhaps allow for some more competition in the market, or is that naively hoping for too much?

In any case, never mind my whining. Enjoy this time-lapse “speed painting” exercise in Photoshop 7.0 (eat your heart out KNB!) by Nico Di Mattia